Easy to use software based video calibration, measurement, analysis and monitoring tools
MultiScopeCompact Features and Specifications - Now with Ethernet Camera Support**
- software waveform monitor, Software RGB parade
- software vectorscope , with I\Q and flesh tone marker, saturation gain
- software 3D Histo Vectorscope, 3D histo WFM, 3D Histo RGB Parade
- range of software audio measurement scopes
- all scopes are plug-in based, choose your system configuration
- scope scale selection in IRE, Percent and in RGB
- supports a variety of PCI card, Ethernet and USB video sources
- processes SD and HD input video resolutions - 480, 1080 to 2K
- calibrated ITU-R BT.601 and ITU-R BT.709 color spaces
- software based Histogram, YCrCb parade, audio scopes
- Color Gamut cube - for out of gamut observation and an RGB cube
- software RGB parade scope - trio, blend and luma modes
- new audio modules: PPM, waveform and phase meters
- accepts Ethernet based cameras running RTSP over TCP only
- accepts Firewire 1394 A/B and new Thunderbolt interfaces
- accepts HDMI 1.3 uncompressed video streams in SD and HD
- 16:9 and 4:3 professional integrated video monitor
- adaptable render performance levels, using our proprietary PSE
**Ethernet and card based hosting units are separate applications. Card and Ethernet based hosts will support all 2D and 3D plugins.
Compatible Interfaces and Video Sources - Now THUNDERBOLT Compatible
- BlackMagic Design: Decklink – Intensity, Shuttle, Thunderbolt
- AJA: Kona LHe,LHi
- Grass Valley: Canopus and Pegasus
- Viewcast: Osprey series
- many other USB and Ethernet* based cameras
- Microsoft and more…
- HDMI, SDI, Thunderbolt
- Firewire A/B
- Component YPrPb
*Note: Ethernet version of MultiScopeCompact does not support audio at this time. RTSP protocol only. 10/100mbps cameras. Does not support GigE cameras at this time. Ethernet hosting base will support both 2D and 3D scope plugins.
MultiScopeCompact Product Overview - System and PluginsAs with our MultiScopeLite video product, MultiScopeCompact takes it to the next level in performance and features for our software based waveform monitors and software based vectorscopes, yielding a higher benefit to cost tradeoff. Our Compact version extends the functionality of the Lite product by improving the video scope family and by adding enhanced synchronized stereo audio metering support for real-time audio interleaved video streams. Another big plus for MultiScopeCompact is that it can be configured for your specific operational environment. We have re-designed the video system using a plugin model making your special video configuration fast and easy. Just purchase the audio or video modules you need for your video application: plug 'em in, configure 'em and run 'em. A custom configuration formula that guarantees saving you money, by simply to not having to pay extra for capability you will never use in an all-in-one product solution. The various A/V plugins we offer are easily installed and activated into a single host unit that already includes a high resolution video monitor, a built-in PPM indicator, scope control functionality, plugin install features and a diagnostics panel. ANNOUNCEMENT.... MultiScopeCompact now supports 3D scope operation. Histogram functionality has been integrated into the classic waveform monitor, the vectorscope, the RGB parade scope and the YCrCb scope. In addition we have developed and included a full color range RGB cube and a color gamut cube calibrated to color space BT.601 and BT.709 specifications for out of gamut checks and verification in real-time. (introductory video coming....HERE) There is plugin real estate allocated in the host interface unit for up to two scopes, be it video or audio, all of which will run simultaneously and in real-time. Each scope can be placed into any one or more vacant spots within the host unit if you wish. Being an efficient multi-threaded application, the scopes can run at higher performance levels than our Lite version. That is, faster refresh and not sacrificing any higher presentation detail of the video signal being processed.
More Hosting Unit Information
2D Scope Plugin Selection
3D Scope Plugin Selection
Minimum System ConfigurationMultiScopeCompact supports Windows 32 bit or 64 bit operating systems, specifically Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 with the latest service packs.
- Windows 7 and 8 based computer platforms. Windows 10 installs are unstable.
- MultiCore - 3GHz or better
- 8GB RAM
- an LCD video screen that can display 1280x720 and up
Get our free USERS GUIDE v4.0.2 - Learn what MultiScopeCompact can do.Download the latest revision of our free MultiScopeCompact USER GUIDE v4.0.2. Learn more details about its operational setup, plugin setup, install procedure, registration and technical information such as the colour space equations used for your reference. See Section 2.3 in the Users Guide on how to clear and set the internal app registry to ensure error free fresh installs.
Software Revision History and Development News...
- 1 - Added 2D and 3D scopes to Ethernet version
- 2 - Trial version of Ethernet Host does not support 3D scopes
- 3 - Updated User Guide v4.0.2 now available
- 3 - Introduced MultiScopeCompact Graphics version now available to explore
- 1 - Feature and function improvement of the classic 2D scopes
- 2 - Scope plugin bundling efficiencies
- 3 - 3D scope addons with full 3D control panel, pan/zoom, rotation controls
- 4 - Faster renders
- 5 - Updated and improved API library kit for video systems developers
- 6 - Trial version release with new updates
- 7 - Updated User Guide v4.0.2 now available
- 1 - MultiScopeCompact: Looking at Linux and MAC version for Ethernet camera operation
- 2 - Investigating GigE network cameras support
- 3 - Video SDK update to include new plugin modules in the works
- 1 - Full Release version of software now available
- 2 - Trial version v1.1.0. now released
- 3 - Ethernet camera interface is now available - RTSP support only
- 1 - Full Release version of software now available
- 2 - Trial version v188.8.131.52 now released
- 3 - Ethernet camera interface issues being resolved
- 4 - Update User Guide Release v1.0.2 - added how to register software
Mar 2015 v184.108.40.206
- 1 - Trial Software Release - No IP camera support
- 2 - First full draft of Users Guide now available
- 3 - First version full release April 15th, 2015 or before
Oct 2014 v0.0.0.1
- 1 - alpha development, Trial version release, Feb 2015
- 2 - audio module research
Please make your comments here - Share your views and experiences with MultiScopeCompact
Showing 6 comments
I downloaded Multiscope Lite and I really liked it. When I was up to register, I noticed that there is a better one now, the MultiScope Compact. Since then (2 weeks) I’ve been trying to download the trial version from your website but it says: Not available yet
I need to buy the software in a hurry, but I don’t want to spend money in the Lite version without testing the Compact. Besides taht, if I buy the Lite version now, would I be able to upgrade to the Compact version later?
Claudio de Almeida
I just found your post. Go figure. There is an updated version of Compact to be posted shortly. We have also introduced an Ethernet camera version.
Hi! I’d like to know how much does it cost multiscope compact’s full version.
Cost of the MSCompact base unit is $69USD. Scope plug-ins vary in cost depending of what instruments you buy. Refer to RHMG web site for prices.
When doing a reinstall of Multiscope Compact, do I need to get a new unlock code, or ust the one provided for the first install ?
You will only need a new unlock code if you plan to install the software on another computer. The install unlock code you currently have will work on the computer you have registered upon purchase.